Amy Smart has an excellent one over MBS that took 2 charm packs and 1 yd of sashing fabric.
tutorial here, I got to work on a faux piped binding. I had some minty Mary Engelbreit on hand and some broadcloth in pink leftover from another project that matched beautifully. This a definite success and I can see myself using this technique again. The finished look of it blows me away every time I look at this quilt!!!
Since then I have taken up a couple small, "one afternoon to finish" type things.
feeling stitchy's blog.
By trying out my new Sulky Paper Solvy, I managed to place the paper over the fabric and stitch it out fairly quickly. Lots of lazy daisy and french knots stitching scattered around the heart. Then I used a back stitch sparingly for the arrow. The solvy was supposed to be easily removed in some lukewarm water. I had a hard time removing all the little bits,but most of them are gone now. Numerous water baths later. Maybe I did something wrong, very frustrating:( Concept wise it is great!
Chez Moi is on the front and some Kona in Pacific for the back.
Simultaneously, I was working on an appliqued onesie for Jade. I winged the bunny and added the flannel nose and tail and cotton eye last minute. It was a joy to create!
Let's see what else I can get into, in between napping and taking it easy *wink, wink*
****BTW, thank you to everyone that asked about my appointment last week. It is wonderful to have caring, sweet followers!!****