Thursday, January 23, 2014

Violet Twist

There was a bit of indecisiveness going 'round with what color to choose for Jade's room.  Pink?  The hubby said no.  I was swayed toward soft blues for awhile.  I was trying to match the color to my Dancing Stars quilt to be honest.  I was looking at some fabric online (shocking)  and found the color periwinkle.  Showed it to the hubby and he agreed that a shade of purple would work!  It is always a huge plus to have both parties in agreement.  I went to Lowes and looked at some paint chips to find periwinkle.  The one that they carried wasn't exactly the right shade I was envisioning.  I grabbed some that were similar and brought them home.

Isn't it a breath of fresh air with a lingering scent of lilac perhaps.  I. love. it.  Just in case you couldn't tell that already---hehehehe  Valspar Violet Twist I love you!!!!!!

I adore her room with all the light streaming in every morning and my nice,new comfy rocker/glider I bought for a steal from Craigslist.  (See the Dancing Stars quilt??)

Originally, hubby was going to paint one wall and do a mural across it.  The violet was going to clash with the other 3 tan walls so we had to nix that idea.  I told him well since you are painting the whole room then let's skip the mural and do one in Ayden's room instead.  He is 6 yrs old and will be able to appreciate it:):)  I LOVE THIS MAN!  He went ahead and did a quick butterfly sketch with flowers instead and surprised me!

I am 36 weeks and I have an appointment today with my doctor to see where Jade is hanging out in my belly;)  I will keep ya'll updated!

Hugs!

Sara









17 comments:

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

What a beautiful room for a little girl! You have a great hubby and he's very artistic as well - those butterflies are super! Good luck with the new baby!

http://www.busyneedle.ch

Bethany said...

so pretty!! she's going to love her room. :)

Jessica said...

<3 <3 <3 It looks beautiful! Your hubby is quite the artist!

Terri said...

Love that color! It's so vibrant and dramatic in the pics. Love the fluttering butterflies too. What a great room!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What a gorgeous rich color (my favorite btw!) and your hubby is awesome! We used Valspar all over our house the past week and it is wonderful paint!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Looks great! Very exciting stuff, congrats!

Jasmine said...

It is the perfect color for your quilts... I mean baby. ;) Tell your DH the butterflies are amazing.

Wonky Patchwork said...

Great colour and the butterflies are just the perfect finishing touch.

ratama said...

I LOVE violet, so I love your room!

Karen said...

Love it! The color is beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

The color is fabulous and I love the butterflies on the wall

Glinda ♥ said...

Such a pretty colour and a nice change from pink. Hope all went well for you and good luck :)

Yvonne Campbell said...

It looks like you are ready to go now. I love the little mural. I think doing the whole room was a good idea.

sonia said...

Love the butterflies, amazing addition! Good luck with your baby!

nicole said...

Gorgeous colour! And i love the butterflies too! Perfect for a little girl!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful choice in colors. I love the butterflies and flowers hanging out around the window.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Such a pretty room! Don't you love valspar paint? It's my favorite!