Sunday, September 15, 2013

Vacation to Kindergarten

Oh gosh, where to begin since I have been away from my blog for some time now.  I climbed over the nauseous hurdle about a month ago.  Wow this 2nd pregnancy is strikingly different in many ways from being nauseous to having acne to being tired all the time.  Naps have been good to me.

We went to WI on vacation for a couple weeks and even ventured into MI to see my Auntie.  The days were filled with family,friends, fishing, badminton, campfires and lots of good local food to include delicious pizza!! The weather was fantastic too.  



my niece,Natalia

After returning, I tried to get back into the swing of things slowly as I was still nauseous daily.  Ayden started kindergarten at the end of last month.  He is learning so MUCH already and I am so happy that I taught him how to read over the summer and that we are continuing to presently.   They are even teaching the kids some sign language during the week.  He told me the other day that the most exciting part of his day is reading:):)  Yeay!!!


 I do have some amazing quilts to show ya'll  from my visit to the WI Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts in Cedarburg,WI.  My MIL and I are were able to team up and see these all one day.  I think my MIL was so inspired by them that it was her main reason to take up quilting that day!!!  Nothing wrong in that!  She bought a table runner pattern at a quilt shop nearby in Cedarburg and all the fabric required for it.   She did make a queen size bed quilt for herself years and years ago so she does have a head start and I just know she will do great!

Onto the quilts from our day......


This one was all cross stitched if I recall.  Isn't it wonderful?!

Can you tell what this quilt is composed of before clicking on it? 

olive oil bottles!!!

Now I think this one is all knitted.  All the colors are gorgeous.

VERY pretty with the leaves I thought.

Tree quilts are my cup of tea!  Lots of tiny pieces went into this.

Embroidered gem!

Dimensional art

This was either punch needle or rug hooking.  I LOVE the texture in this technique...maybe someday I will try my hand at it.

THIS is a quilt!!  Can you believe it?!  Just fantastic!

Wish I could recall the material used for this piece,but remarkable work.

Star anise!!! Unique.

A huge barn with prize pieces of work. 

A must see!


Summer was very good to my family and I.  I am very thankful!
 

Until next time,

Sara








 


4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather... each pregnancy is so different. Hope you feel better soon.

Can't believe someone is old enough for Kindergarten and I'm glad to hear he's enjoying it!

Lots and lots of eye candy... thanks for sharing your photos! So many quilt shows, so little time to get to them!

Great news that your MIL is going to start quilting... what fun!

Jessica said...

Awww Ayden in Kindergarten! That is so exciting! Great quilts - I can't believe that stamp one! Also, hope you are feeling better and hope to see some sewing soon! ;)

Paulette said...

Glad you are feeling better. Enjoyed the quilt museum pictures. You've inspired me to go have a look myself, maybe this fall yet.

Terri said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a nice trip to visit family, and enjoyed your summer. Glad to hear you're feeling better too.