Monday, February 10, 2014

Per Hubby's Request

I was packing an overnight bag the other day  and nonchalantly telling hubby what I was bringing in it for Jade.

I showed him one of the receiving blankets I had made and blogged about in recent months.  Suddenly, he chimed in with "doesn't she have a smaller blanket that is softer as well?"  Huh...didn't think of that hon!  As quilters, you know what happened next;)  The wheels were 'a turning.  Before you know it I was upstairs, in my sewing room Sunday, creating a soft blanket for our girl!



With some "pear" minkee dot and leftover Magenta Cuddle minkee, I pieced the back.  The front is a butterfly print in flannel with a ruffle trim sewn on by moi!  I used Aurifil in Blossom Pink for the top stitching around the entire blanket.



Little girl will be embraced in the softest blankie ever!!!!

*OH and it's been hubby approved! *

XXXX HUGS! XXXX

Sara












11 comments:

Terri said...

oolala, minkee-backed blankies will be so warm and cozy on a baby's skin. Very pretty!

Lorna McMahon said...

Awww! What a gorgeous blanket! Love that ruffled trim. I have yet to use some minky. Really must take the plunge one day!

I have a new linky party and would like to invite you to join! Here is a link to the page outlining the details. http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/p/lets-bee-social.html Please join us!

ModernMaterialGirl said...

So pretty and cozy! Baby will love it!
(Even my two teenagers love being wrapped up in minky quilts! :-)

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

It's so soft and pretty. Perfect for a baby girl.

Kelly Vetch said...

Nothing beats a baby minkie! Loved it!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Very nice! Perfectly soft for the perfect soft baby!

Unknown said...

Love the ruffle trum, a grear addition!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What a lucky baby girl to have such a crafty and loving mother!

Vera said...

That little ruffle is so sweet!

SarahZ said...

Awww! So sweet! And don't you just love it when hubbies get involved? ;)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love the feel of minky! This is so pretty!

Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation