Friday, March 9, 2012

for this mama (and daddy)

Other projects have taken my time.
                     That is OK with me since they have been for family, friends and/or commission!
           Now I am going to try to sneak in a quilt for mu-aw!!
Color palette will consist of blues,greens and some grey.

Something bright and fresh

Calm and a complete snuggle zone

The top will be my style and the back the hubby's.

Another new object popping up......

My first bloom so far.

     I will be sharing more.



Linking up to my friend, Sarah's blog:) 


AND AmandaJean's since she likes to party as well;)   BUT her linkup party is for my previous post because it is supposed to be a finish ;)  LOL:P  oops!  So please go here.        

8 comments:

Kat said...

I've been quilting for 5+ years and I've yet to make a quilt that's just for me. Good for you on making time to make one for yourself! That's definitely on my to-do list for this year, too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, every quilter should 'gift' themselves - good for you.

Kim said...

Those are gorgeous colors for your quilt! I love the tulip pictures, I am patiently waiting for mine to bloom :)
-Kim

Sue Daurio said...

Yeah a quilt for you. How nice! Love the fabrics in the star.

Pattilou said...

Good for you...and I love your fabric choice!

Lynette said...

Hey, cool idea to do a his-and-hers front and back quilt! I think we all suffer from not sewing for ourselves enough. My last quilt, when I showed it at Guild, I was asked, "Who's this one for?", and I was surprised at the forcefulness with which "This one is MINE!" burst out of me. lolol

Jessica said...

Great idea about the different sides! I may have to do that!! Can't wait to see. Also, lovely flower pictures :)

Sarah Craig said...

Good for you! I can't wait to see the final result!! Whoop whoop!!