Saturday, November 6, 2010

In the making...

Maybe for some this is a lot of fabric and others this is the tip of the iceberg?!  For me, I am constantly trying to think of new ways to organize things get it it where I want it while my hubby is not present.  I took a day and grabbed all my fabric from upstairs in my home and brought them downstairs to where everything else sewing related was accumulating in my studio dining room slowly throughout the week;0)

I found this storage rack thing in my hubby's Army closet and figured---ah-----well, he won't be using it anytime soon for clothes, socks, etc.  I snatched it!!  There is a small crack in my plan or rather an annoyance that has occurred though.  I cannot put any fabric on the second shelf because the top fabric boards overlap onto the next shelf---uuuurrrrrrghhhh.  Oh well- such is life right?!  My Ayden already figured out how to topple the whole thing over as well, but it is back in working order currently (I WILL let you know if anything changes!)  It has been nice to see all my fabric in one place and not have to go up and down the stairs to grab yet another fat quarter, yardage or whatever.  I am also finding myself thinking of new color combinations as I sit and eat with Ayden at the dining room table cutting table.  I KNOW I am obsessed, but who isn't that is a quilter??  Speaking of obsessed, I think I have become a little obsessed with this fabric line that I won over at Talk About Fabric recently.

greens,yellows and purples-oh MY!


Even though I am working out of my dining room, it still feels so great to be able to have my own little nook for creativity to spread its wings freely:  )  This is what I have started on recently, but now am at a stand still due to needing more fabric!  See, so maybe my stash isn't so bountiful--he,he,he!
Really, though I need more yardage to make the LONGGGGG sashing strips and the borders too because this will be a twin size.  A twin?  I AM taking on another challenge with another twin size quilt you heard me right!

This is the quilt, only in my version the yellow and red will be obsolete and the colors are orange, green and pink, rainbow sherbet. I am taking the skinny sashing strip on each side of the wider sashing strip out completely.   Don't really feel the need for it.   It is definitely one that I have been wanting to tackle for awhile.  I A.D.O.R.E. it very much!!!  There have been doggie ears on the pages for this quilt for many months!  Cute, fun and quite easy.


I have also started an embroidery Christmas pattern!  I am stitching the Christmas trees on the far left bottom corner.  Aren't they too cute for words!  I just wish there was more updated posts on Annie Oakleaves (the designer of this pattern) blog:(

Eventually I would like to do a couple other patterns from the collection on the toweling fabric I have bought.  (It's not osanburg cloth, but still very good fabric.) Anyway I cannot wait to see the whole towel stitched up.  I will be sharing some pics on here of  my WIP soon.

With all this sewing going on, you probably wouldn't guess that Ayden and I have been under the weather for the last couple of days!  We are trying to get as much R&R as we possibly can before our trip to AL this coming Tues for my hubby's graduation!!  So excited to see him and congratulate him and pin his new rank on his shirt:)  Very happy times right now!!

SO please pray that we are at our best for our upcoming travels and that we arrive in AL safely!!

Go see Lavender Ridge for another sweet giveaway too!!

Hugs to all my blogger friends,

Sara

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your fabric all nicely organizes looks so yummy! I have a lot of fabric too, but it never seems like enough in my eyes. I can't wait to see your embroidery, that's one thing I'd like to do more of, when I can find some free time, ugh..

Stephany said...

I hope you feel better asap! I know I don't! But the scraps I received today sure was nice! :) Can't wait to see your quilt! I got you a seam-ripper BTW while I was out and about.

Terriaw said...

How nice to have all your sewing and fabric goodies in one place so you can just concentrate on being creative. Sometimes it's hard to take the time to get organized but it's worth it. Congrats on winning those gorgeous fabrics! Looks like a lovely stack of Meadowsweet. Have fun!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

BEAUTIFUL fabrics! wow.

show us your stitching when you're done. :)