Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's a Breeze....

Seams to be done {sorry had to add in some humor there,it was too easy!}

Finding a space big enough to pin a quilt can be a daunting task at times:/  It also took me a long time to figure out how I wanted to quilt this bad boy!  Tons of Flickr,magazine hunting and imagination time spent trying to nail down a design I could live with in the end.  Finally I decided to do a diamond pattern to make the colors inside the grey and red diagonal lines stand out loudly.  For each of the clustered groups of fours,  I did a flower design.  Overall, I am very pleased with the geometry of the diamonds and the flowers give this quilt a distinctive contrast to the straight lines with some extra charm.  My trusty hera marker got a workout with this quilt.  Helped me immensely.

Here is a flower close up.  I used Bottom Line in silver and it lived up to its name I do believe.  Blends in as Superior promises and I had no problems with my tension set at 3.

Kona black for the binding.  I wanted to make a nice framework for all the bright and dark colors in this quilt.  Black was my first choice to do the job just right.

Yellow flower print that has been sitting in my stash for some time now and some leftover grey from the top.  Very fulfilling to use up scraps or yardage that you need to find the right quilt for at times!  Easy piecing for this back too which makes for less trouble too;)

So intricate looking to me,but the secret of course is that it is a trick of the eye because the piecing was a pleasure and a breeze!!  Bonnie Hunter is wonderful to have come up with this quilt pattern.

It was a fun project to whisk me away from other things that weren't as much fun;)

Hoping someone will enjoy this one as much as I did creating it!

::::::Available in my shop today::::::


~Sara







7 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Your scrappy trip looks amazing! The quilting pattern you chose is perfect and the binding really sets the whole thing. Way to go with the backing too:)

Jessica said...

Very pretty! It came out fabulous :) The binding is perfect!

Terriaw said...

Fun project! I love the quilting pattern you did. I usually end up taping my quilts to our basement floor when basting and pinning. Good incentive to keep my floor clean ;)

StasaLynn said...

I love your scrappy quilt and so excited that you loved the creative journey! I love the idea of using leftover scraps for the backing and in fact have done that with my sampler quilt. I love love love the black binding! Thanks for sharing.

Nat at Made in Home said...

Looks great!

Paulette said...

Great job, Sara! Nice colors in this one, and I like how they work together for the overall pattern.

Rebecka said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Love the scrappy colors! Nicely done.