Saturday, September 17, 2011

Edward Scissorhands

I felt sorta like him for the last 3 days!!!  Fabric is my choice though and I don't think I went too mad with my cutting either unlike Johnny Depp;)  Only one tiny cut on my thumb. AND my weapon of choice is a rotary cutter for sure!  A good chunk of my blue stash is going into the 2 twin commission quilts.


{120} 5" squares with only a few precut charm squares

{480} 2x4 3/4" rectangles

{480} 2 3/4" squares

Eat your heart out Johnny Depp!!!

Determined to get going on the sewing and a tad crazy I got right to the piecing on my Janome.
Got all the red part done last night.

Today I was rewarded with a delivery from Sew Fresh Fabrics whom I love to pieces!
I am crushing on their 16 Kona FQ's special they have in their shop!!

Quite the lookers.  They are all going to my Dead Simple Quilt  mentioned here.

Needed some Kona Marine too for the 2 twins as well.  Sew Fresh Fabrics labels each Kona fabric too with the color and the name of their shop for future reference.  Don't worry Peg and Becca I won't forget you girls.  I will be back for some more of that FQ goodness on Etsy soon!


Night ya'll!!!







9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow - lot's of cutting, but just love your blue stash!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Now that is a lot of cutting! Can't wait to see what your quilt tops look like.

Paulette said...

Hoo-boy, that's a lot of cutting! Good for you for getting all that accomplished. Happy sewing!

Jessica said...

I LOVE your picks for the dead simple quilt along! Isn't it hard to resist fabric on etsy (or in general)? I'm glad your but wasn't too serious - I know what that's like!

Kate said...

That's a lot of very organized cutting! And some very nice Kona to boot. :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

You will be sewing up a storm now with all the cutting behind you!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

you've been a cuttin' fool! looks like nothing but fun!

Rebecka said...

That's a lot of cutting!!! You're so organized! I usually cut as I go and waste time. Can't wait to see your finished tops. Have fun stitching.

Mama Spark said...

That's a LOT of cutting! Love the solids!!