Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Bakery is Open....

Jeni from In Color Order made this a few times and posted it on her blog for all to drool over!  It was something I had to make eventually,you know one those items on your to do list forever?!  


The pretzel bread lasted about a week and then it was history;)  Soooooo darn delicious!!  Very good with Cinnamon apple jelly too.  Just statin' a fact;)

 THIS tasty looking bread is Potica,a family recipe that goes back many, many years and generations.  My grandma received it from her mom, my great grandmother whom got it from a Slovenian friend in MN.


It has a Slavic, Czech and Polish heritage tagged on it and it is worth the hrs of labor I will add.  




The Potica is compiled of 2lbs of walnuts finely chopped, butter,milk,eggs,honey,sugar,flour, yeast and a few other ingredients and LOVE!!


Every time I have a slice I am brought back to my Grandma's home during Christmas ----every time.  Diane over at random do or di helped to bring this bread's memories to life as well..go see for yourself!


I made up some gift bags too of this traditional bread.




The hubby is going to be receiving some to try soon and his other request is Peanut Butter Chip and Pecan Brownies.  


Baking warms my heart;)




My handsome "4" yr old too:):):):):):):):):):)



Enjoy one another {especially} at the moment you read this line!!!


SARA

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nut roll!!! At least that's what we call it here! PA has a lot of slovac and polish people, a lot of churches sell nut roll at this time of year. My husband always got one from one of his coworkers but this is the first year his co worker switched jobs and they don't see each other anymore. So no nut roll for us, sigh... And let me tell you that looks sooooo good, as a pregnant woman I could eat that thing in 2 sittings! LOL Merry Christmas to you and your's!

Rebecka said...

They all look yummy!
Merry Christmas and all good things to you and your family in 2012!