Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Warm apple cider,cinnamon in the air,pumpkin farm to visit...

FALL is coming or wishful thinking on my part!!!

Here is a fall embroidery pattern I finished last night filled in (sort of:) with a satin stitch.  I liked working with different colors and fall colors at that! 

"A touch of Autumn" is written on top in a pale green and light brown color


I was going to sew it onto a towel of some sort, but I don't think the material I did this on is sturdy enough.  Next time need to use a quilter's cotton--hellooo!  Time to scour the internet for ideas on what to do with this for a nice fall decoration.  Suggest away please.

Ayden enjoyed himself at the park this past weekend with mommy and daddy.

You know I can't recall him taking a nap that day either!!

XX Sara

6 comments:

Terriaw said...

That fall stitchery is so pretty! Maybe it could be framed with some fabrics for a quilt block, or a sketch book cover, or a pin cushion, or a fall ornament to hang in the window, or a bread basket cover, or a shopping tote. Looks like a fun day!

Andi said...

Beautiful embroidery! First day of school tomorrow - to me, that means fall is definitely coming!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I wish that Fall would get here! It is still in the 90s over here.

I love how you made the embroidery your own by adding all of the Fall colors.

Thanks for sharing,
Stefanie

Ariane said...

I love your fall stitchery!! It's gorgeous!!!!! Love how you filled it in and used those wonderful fall colors. You could make it into a little wall hanging quilt. Or put it into a frame to hang on the wall. You can use it on a journal cover or make a nice fall pillow with it.

Jennie said...

When you do satin stitches, do you do the satin stitch first and then outline it, or outline first and then fill it in? I love what you've done - it's so cute!

John'aLee said...

Darling embroidered piece!