Friday, January 21, 2011

Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?

Don't you love that title-hehehehe!!!

Sarah Craig over at Confession of a Fabric Addict is hosting a GREAT and ENCOURAGING party that is going to happen every FRIDAY!!!  Now who doesn't love a party every week?!  I do, I do: P
For my show and tell I am going to tell you about a quilt that I wrote about here after the top was pieced. 
This quilt or rather titled "Chilling" is themed with penguins and polar bears.  I decided to do penguin and polar bear footprints, that's two rows of each print on each side of the snowflakes I drew up in the center.  This is all going to be hand embroidered.  The penguin feet are in black and I have one more to go of those guys.  Then it's to the middle with the snowflakes.  I plan on doing each one in a different shade of blue and maybe a silver one too:)

This top has been finished for some time and I only did 2 of the penguin feet afterward:(  Then it sat on a hanger in my closet for some time while other fabrics in my stash got put to good use in other quilts that were (clearing my throat) FINISHED: P
Then last week some time my son got sick and I thought what can I do while sitting next to his sick self on the couch?  Why, some embroidery on that poor neglected quilt in my upstairs closet OF course.  
I was on a mission Then Sarah posted about her show and tell.  At first I thought am I going to be able to produce something each week to post.  We ARE moving at the end of next month ya know!

Sarah emailed me and I became more calm and rational (LOL!) about it and thought HEY what the heck I will do it:)  Thanks Sarah for the help to get me motivated and not so timid;)
There will be some weeks I won't be able to post any new progress, but I will just have to deal and so will you Sarah. (LOL!)



Can I get a WHOOP,WHOOP?

Hugs,

Sara



5 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

You got a whoop whoop from me, for sure!! Way to go!! I love the idea of embroidery on a quilt - don't have time to do it myself, but it looks so nice! So I will enjoy yours vicariously!! Thanks for joining in the linky party! See you next week!!

Stephany said...

You go girl!

greelyrita said...

It looks like it's going to be lovely!!

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Great idea! I went back and visited your first intro on "Chilling" -- the top is lovely and the feet just add the special touch.

Paulette said...

Cute idea for a quilt! Gotta love the "down" time for getting something done!