Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sewing to my hearts content ; )

Soooo close to being done with my secret Lucy Goosey quilt.  I am sewing on the binding for the LAST side as we speak.  I stayed up pretty late last night working on this task because I would like to have it done for Amy's Creative Side challenge *smile* as well.  I would love to be entered into the drawing for some Fandango fabric--what beautiful threads!

I have not bought those hair clips that they sell at Joann's for a ridiculous price.  Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that bobby pins work wonderfully!!

Thought it would be really sweet if I did up an embroidered quilt label again too as I did for my dad's flag quilt. 

bible verse from 1Thess. 5:11
I added some flowers to compliment some of the flower prints on the quilt top.  By doing so, I picked up the lazy daisy stitch quite easily after doing a couple of petals.  Then I added the stem stitch into the mix.  Really loving the way it turned out.  L.O.V.E. embroidery Period: )  Now to attach it to the back of my quilt and stand back to admire my work *blush.*  My heart is filled for the day!  What a great way to spend a Sunday.

Check out Green Fairy Quilts for a pretty package that you could win!!!

Enjoy the day,

Sara

4 comments:

Stephany said...

oh this will be just lovely on my wall..... LOL ;)

Terriaw said...

Fun projects! Can't wait to see more of the secret quilt. Love your inventiveness in using bobby pins instead of binding clips. I love the look of the embroidered quilt label too - so personal and sweet!

jerilanders said...

Sara, Come and claim your book, you are one of the winners! Just need your shipping address. Jeri at the Hopalong Hollow Gazette

Rebecka said...

Sara,
Your label is so beautiful. Making labels is something I need to work on. You give me inspiration!