Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Secret Garden

Well not really a secret, but maybe a little enchanting like the book that was sooo well written:)

Tomato plants from seeds (3rd time sown and they finally took!)
Butterfly bush that was 2 ft tall and now has grown to around 4-5 ft  just waiting for some deep purple blooms to emerge,  
Lilies from bulbs with deep orange blooms to come:)
Sweet William in a basket from seed  
California Poppies from seed; waiting on those bright yellow petals to surprise me
Lantana battling the sun; so far so good;)
Vintas in the basket I turned into a planter just by adding a plastic grocery bag and some potting soil
and
some other little pretties for FREE from the Ft Gordon community center. 

Don't you just love to garden...maybe drop me a line about what you have growing in yours this summer and then join my blog if you find you have some things in common with me:)

1 comment:

Andi said...

It is so nice to see everything growing - don't you just love this time of year? You are lucky to be able to grow lilies. I have both pink and orange lilies in my garden but never get to see any of them as the deer eat the blooms right off as soon as they start to appear.