Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dinosaur goes Roar!!

He goes ROAR mainly because he has faded brown pencil marks from the iron on transfer pencil I used to trace him onto the fabric:/  Any suggestions on how to get these marks off?  I am going to try a fabric eraser first:)  Also, how do YOU transfer your designs as an embroiderer?

Otherwise he looks pretty cute to me--well for a dinosaur at least!  I played around with the stitches a little here with some back stitching and satin stitching.  He's for Ayden's room when we move and he needs a new room theme.  (Moving probably next summer sometime.)

After I finished the dino's belly, earlier this evening, I dug right into my fabric to start  the Lucy Goosey pattern created by Angie and Weezie from Moda Bake Shop.  This will be for someone special in my life when finished;)  Pretty blues and greens are going to come together in harmony for this quilt top.  They look so happy together-don't they.  :)  All 76 are cut up into 5" squares ready to be turned into flying geese.  For the sashing maybe a navy blue.  What do you think?


May your week be filled with joy in everything.

Smiles,

Sara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great, the dino is so cute !
Some of those transfer pencils come out by rinsing/washing with laundry detergent or dish washing soap.
Your fabrics are lovely !
Thanks for stopping by !

Stephany said...

I just LOVE that fabric combo! Especially the birds!!!!! And that Dino is just DARLING!