Friday, September 30, 2011

Applesauce

Peels,cores and slices in under a minute!  One of my favorite kitchen tools especially for baking tasks.

 I used a combination of winesap and a few granny smith for my applesauce.  I used about 8 apples.


The recipe is here and it is SOOOOO delicious!!!  The blog is called Oh My Sugar High!  Isn't that eye catching?  It was for me and definitely drool worthy all across the board.


Here's my side kick---well really my taste tester.  He was satisfied:)



I didn't get any backings pieced yesterday.  I was too busy running errands and lurking around Joann's for a great price on batting.  I found out that they sell Pellon Nature's Touch batting for $10.99 a yd.  I will have to keep that in mind.  I walked out with the packaged Pellon though because it was on sale for $18 originally #30 for 90x108 or Queen size.

It feels oh so soft too!  I heard about it first hand from Heather.


I snatched up 5 yds of some pretty River Blue Quilters cotton as well since it was on sale for $4.50 a yd!  I am a Kona gal, but the Quilter's cotton works just as well.  This will be for the twins:)  (Anything below that, as far as solids go is low quality.  That is my experience anyway.)

Tomorrow I will be showing off you backings completed;)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That looks so yummy. I love everything apple... I can't wait to go apple picking and make apple-y things!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I need one of those kitchen tools. After making two bushels of apples into apple butter and apple sauce I am tired of coring them!

Terriaw said...

I do love my apple corer too! So awesome to be able to peel, core and slice in a couple turns. I've never used a recipe for applesauce, so it's always fun to make. I love it just a little chunky and with a touch of cinnamon. It's especially tasty warmed up slightly with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love apple sauce and yours looks delicious! Cute taste tester too:)