Monday, June 3, 2013

Running with It

Alrighty well I can't go running yet tonight as I did a google search and read that you really shouldn't eat and then run even after an hr.  Oooops.  More like 2-3 hrs.  Oy vey.  So before the sun goes all the way down I may get out there.  I am sitting here staring at everyone's pretty blogs and admiring what they accomplished.  Then I think doh...how about write a blog post already girl!

Tomorrow I will be traveling to Raleigh with that blonde boy of mine as we meet up with Pam over at Mama Sparks World for some good fun quilt shop hopping and some lunch at a yummy looking seafood restaurant.  IT IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!  Slightly enthused about this adventure!  The whole day has already been mapped out by muaw.  I will let ya'll know how it went soon after tomorrow.  Soon after my recovery from all the fun we are going to embark upon. 

Today I dove into a BOM for my Tarheels Quilters Guild.

 What should have taken an hr, took more like 3 due to one thing or another.  It was nice to piece a block outside of a commission for a day.  I tried out the Clear Angles adhesive thing and I wasn't completely sold on it.  I may be stubborn,what have you,but I went back to the old school way of mine.  I use a ruler down the center or diagonal of each square and mark it with a hera marker.  Then I sew on each side of my line.  PRESTO!  Two matching HST blocks.  I noticed that the the few that I had made using the Clear Angles were causing troubles when matching points as well.  So there is that. 

I also had to pick out some stitches when putting two of the rows together.  So aside from that,I think it came together well overall. 

With one other minor exception.

Somehow in reaching for something I had left my blade open which I never do.  Usually I open it to cut and then right away close the blade again.  Well in that regard, my finger got caught up on the blade and I quickly pulled away naturally.  Too late and too sharp of a blade did me in:(  I have seen lots of horrific stories courtesy of a rotary blade.  Mine is very little compared to them.  I should count my blessings perhaps;)  Nothing an Angry Bird band aid and then New Skin after the Angry Birds had enough of me can't fix!

The Lucky Stars BOM was calling me today as well,but I think I will hit the snooze button for awhile longer on that now.  I am on April's BOM and then I have to play catch up for a bit.

I do have the top finished for the 2 sided commission quilt and I am currently waiting on my order of white flannel from Nancy's Notions so I can get to quilting on it.  I bought it from Nancy's for a sale price of $6.49!!  I thought it was a steal whereas other places were selling 108" wide flannel for terribly higher prices. 

Time to go for that run!

See ya'll soon!

Sara







13 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man! I hope your wound heals quickly! I totally know the feeling unfortunately :( Have a wonderful time in Raleigh! I'll be watching your blog so I can enjoy your fabric shopping vicariously :)

Terri said...

I hate it when I leave my rotary blade out and cut myself. (Mine gets a lot of use these days for paper cutting instead of fabric.) Whenever I make HST, I find lots of pins work great to keep the seams matching. Have fun on your field trip.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Oh my glad that cut wasn't any worse!!! Interesting about your hst experiences. I got the angler 2 and didn't have much success with it (and yes I read and followed the directions..lol)! I mark mine with a water soluble pen. I figure it'll wash out when the quilt gets washed. Have fun tomorrow with Pam!

QuiltCandy said...

I love those chevrons! And hopefully it was only a minor injury, quilting can be hazardous at times!

Dee said...

Oh, the boo boo is an extreme bummer! But, your chevrons turned out fantastic! Here's to an awesome adventure with your friend! Enjoy!

Renee said...

I love the grey, purple and teal together!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Cool! Sounds like fun. So sad I can't go. Silly work forever getting in the way of all the fun stuff! I haven't been to Wish Upon a Quilt, but have been told it is the best near here. :)

Julia Graber said...

Hopefully your wound will heal soon. I like your chevrons. They are precision made.

Paula said...

I love the chevrons, great colors!

Nilya said...

Hope it heals quickly. Love the Colors you ´ve Chosen for your block!

Anonymous said...

Love the bandaid! And the block as well.

Scooquilt said...

I make my HSTs that way, too. Nice and fast and mindless, and they always turn out great. These colors ate beautiful.

Lynette said...

Oh, man! Yeah, I've had the rotary stitches. . . :P Fun bandaid, though. :D