Monday, September 16, 2013

I cracked the whip....

Yes I had a pep talk with myself and got to work once I gained some energy again from growing a baby;)

Long time running was the idea in my head to make a pillow or two for my living room furniture.  Well I did make one and it is 20x20!  Comfy for lying down on the couch.  I used the tutorial from Hopeful Homemaker's Jennifer.

You know what, it was probably the right project to start off with too.  I knew it would require a lot of patience and precise piecing.  I did make a lone star last year,but that was a queen size which does help some.  There were some struggles with that one for certain.  This one did go smoother with a few hiccups along the way,but all in all I am pleased with it.

I had purchased the middle sketch print yardage months ago and Kona Grey.  The blues and orange were from my Pink Castle Fabrics Solids Club which is such a great solids builder.  I have every color of the rainbow to choose from now!

In the embroidery department, I managed to complete my little girl strawberry pattern.  This pattern is from Tasha Noel.  Thinking about putting it in the center of a girly quilt and using this pattern  I have had bookmarked for awhile to finish it as a block.



The paper piecing bug hit me up last week and so I whipped out the July Lucky Stars BOM....


then the August BOM.  Both were easy to piece sections.  Somehow the putting together of the whole block proposed some problems,but with some picking out and resewing I managed to make them  presentable.  Some DS dots worked their way in July BOM to keep with the color scheme as I was running low on my two main fabric lines by Aneela Hoey and Bonnie & Camille Roskelley.

It feels really good to be caught up on these guys!!

Plus I am ready to start a Christmas quilt for my family.  I like to do something quilted for our home every year.  The first year I did a tree skirt and the 2nd year I did a table runner.

pattern is courtesy of Pink Chalk Fabrics
This years project is the Metro Rings pattern by Jenny Pedigo.  I was searching HARD for a WOW pattern and after days of glaring at the computer screen this quilt won me over instantly when I laid eyes on it!  Here is a sample Jenny did in April of this year.  Nothing like it!!!  Once I get my Quick Curve ruler in the mail from Pink Chalk Fabrics I will be a cutting fool:):):)  I have a jelly roll and 2 charm packs of Crazy 8 by Sandy Gervais that I received from a good friend of mine that will be used for this quilt.

I am ready to hit up some of this beautiful cool weather we are having today!!

See ya'll soon!

Sara















4 comments:

Jessica said...

We're also getting the cool weather now and I love it :) Yay for catching up on blocks! Your lonestar looks superb. Oooh, and can't wait to see your Metro Rings!

Impera Magna said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling well enough to tackle sewing/quilty projects! However, that quilt look very complicated... I will be looking forward to watching it grow!

Terri said...

Pretty projects! I love the idea of having a pep talk with yourself to get motivated.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Now I see what you are making:) I have to say that pillow is a stunner. The lone star is just beautiful and looks really hard to piece! I like the colors you chose...they are good for any time of the year but will even look good at Christmastime. Nice work!