Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Goodness

You see I had this little embroidered project that I finished last month.  It was sitting on my white wall looking down at me while I sewed----AND sewed some more.  It was calling me to tell me that some nice pumpkin companions would be nice and maybe some more colorful friends along the way:)  This is what I came up with using Silly Boo Dilly's tutorial.

I vowed to use only scraps from my stash bin for the backing--I was on a mission for a few hrs after that thought.  VERY stunning results in my opinion!!
Sunflowers aren't normally an eye catcher for me, but with the orange and yellow they seem to take on some life;)  The black makes all the colors jump out.  *Proud quilter*


I will, I will, I will be making some more wonky stars in the future.  They are too much goodness to pass on by.  My heart is in love with some wonkyness!!


Will post pics when this is complete;)

Have a lovely day quilters,

Sara

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

I love making wonky stars with Silly Boo Dilly's tutorial too! They can be addicting. Cute idea to add a little embroidery to the center.

Stephany said...

So nice! I just love the fabrics you used!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great work, the hand embroidery is lovely !!!