Friday, April 29, 2011

Three times a charm

AND then some!!!

Go check out my last post for more details on this string quilt top :)
My patience was tried over and over and over.  Mr. Seam Ripper oh how I dislike thee:/:/

Seroiusly, I must have ripped out the first two rows 2 times a piece---AT least.  It was a matter of  getting the red or blue middle strip of each block to go in the correct direction.  How HARD could it be right??!!

For those who were worried, though, Mr. Seam Ripper and I have patched things up since then and I can return to my ole' self again.  (He's lucky this top turned out marvelous in the end!he,he,he!)

To go with the hidden ladybug prints on the front scattered every which way, I am adding some to my pieced back.   The blue and red centers of each block are being repeated too with these colors.  (more on that next post) Using Kona Chartreuse and some Debbie Mumm dots too.

One more thing, go link up your quilting adventure for the week over at Sarah's blog:  Confessions of a Fabric Addict !!

May your day be filled with wonderful sewing and no seam ripping!!!  sorry Mr. Seam Ripper:(

Sara

5 comments:

Brita said...

What a fun and happy quilt! Sorry you had to have a lover's spat with Mr. SR! I know the feeling -- all too well -- can't live with it, can't live without it. Whoop, Whoop!

JanetK said...

That is such a bright and cheerful quilt!
(I have had to develop a very zen relationship with my own mr. seam ripper)

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I have no fewer than 5 seam rippers in my studio. One on each table, nook and corner...all close at hand. haha...it's a relationship I tolerate for a joyful finish~! Love the bright and happy colors in your quilt.

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

very nice !!! I love string quilts but have not attempted one yet ! I have not been to talkin' tuesday forever and ever !!!

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, Sara! String quilts are so pretty.... Whoop whoop!!