Saturday, February 25, 2012

chicks

Filled the hand embroidery void I have been struggling with for the last few months.  I used one of my Mark-B-Gone soluble pens and the new Frixion pen to trace the design.  I like both pens,but the Frixion does give a finer line where needed sometimes.

The pattern was by Karen Pharr and it was called Blue Bird Cuties

This chick is part of a string of chick patterns I purchased at the Quilt market last month.


I completed it in under a week using three shades of Presencia perle cotton in blue for the body, a DMC variegated yellow for the spool of thread and more Presencia perle thread for the remainder areas.

I have someone special in mind to send this cute chickie to sometime soon;)  I may even turn it into a runner at some point.

THIS chick received some VERY pretty flowers for Valentine's Day!!  Thanks sweet hubby;)

Hope your day is filled with pretty things to make you smile.




1 comment:

Bits of Stitching! said...

Lovely embroidery project!
Glad to see your stitchy mojo is still with you ;-).