Monday, February 6, 2012

It's a win,win situation

In the last few days I have been..................


living in the land of HST's,triangles everyWHERE................

Craigslist finds......the lady had around 8 bags of yarn...I only NEED one to be honest...she had a lot of other things too including a sewing machine and the embroidery hoop with stand above.

How much for all of this?                 $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the embroidery stand is an F.A. Edmunds and is priced at $60 online:)  I am really jumping up and down inside to use it!!

As for the yarn I can think of a few knitting projects for that as well.  I picked out a lot of the variegated skeins to add more fun too.

Here are some 5"x5" squares (approximately)  that are completed.  Pretty easy to knit.  I am thinking about the Purl stitch for the next square.

Top: Open Braid stitch
Bottom: Stockinette stitch

Since I was in the mood to do some cooking last night, we had a feast with a Pot Roast,Onions,Carrots and Mashed Potatoes on the menu.   I pulled the recipe from here.

Never have I made a roast this delicious and I have made a few roasts in life so far!  So tender,the onions melted in your mouth and the carrots very flavorful.  I used sherry and a bit of beef broth and BOY oh Boy was it divine!!!  Left overs are int he fridge ready to be devoured soon.  I can still smell the victory!!

It's Monday, make the best of it folks!!




 

2 comments:

Terriaw said...

Looks like a fun few days, with sewing, knitting/crochet, and cooking! I love those kinds of days, especially when bargains are involved. Enjoy your new goodies!

craftytammie said...

great score! lucky lady!